A full summary of staff services is listed below.
Accounts and Access
- Banner is the main system used at UNC Charlotte for student and employee information, human resources, financial aid, financial services and course data. Most staff will use Banner Self Service for personal information and some will use the Banner administrative interface called Internet Native (INB) Banner. To request INB access, see the appropriate FAQ: Finance, Student, Financial Aid.
- My UNC Charlotte is a gateway to lots of University information including academic and financial resources, student life, campus services and Banner Self Service.
- NinerNET is your login and password combination to securely access different University systems. NinerNET FAQ site.
- Password Manager is where you change and reset your NinerNET password.
- Sponsored Guest Accounts may be requested for a guest to receive a temporary NinerNET account. Sponsored Guest FAQs.
Administrative Work Tools
- Banner ePrint securely and quickly presents Banner Reports. ePrint logon. ePrint FAQs.
- Business Intelligence
- G Suite for Education provides popular online apps such as Google Drive, Docs, Sheets and Slides to get work done. Google FAQs. Google App Request Form.
- Perceptive Content (ImageNow)
- WebEx is the University's online meeting tool offered to staff at no cost. WebEx FAQs.
- Your department will provide you with a Dell or Apple computer. Computers are typically replaced every four years. Computer Purchases FAQs.
- For general hardware and software questions, start with your college or departmental IT staff.
- Trend Anti-Virus software is installed on all University computers and available for home use. Anti-virus FAQs.
- Personal Dell, HP and Apple computers can be purchased at an educational discount. Computer Purchases FAQs.
Email & Calendar
- Gmail is provided for all official University email communication. Gmail FAQs.
- Google Calendar is provided for scheduling meetings, appointments, etc. Google Calendar FAQs.
- Google Groups are used to send emails to a specific group of people. Google Group FAQs.
- Dropbox is available for free, unlimited file storage. Dropbox FAQs.
- Google Drive offers unlimited storage anywhere, anytime. Google FAQs.
- University File Storage/Network Drives: In addition to Dropbox and Google Drive, local network file storage is also available. The H Drive is for your individual files and the J and S drives are for shared departmental files. Network Drive FAQs.
Forms and Surveys
- Google Forms is available through Google Apps for Education.
- Web Form Builder is available to faculty and staff to create forms, simple surveys, polls etc. Data stored in the system is secured and approved to handle up to level 2 data. Web Form Info.
- Wired and Wireless networks are available. Use eduroam wireless. Wired FAQs. Wireless FAQs.
- Computer and Printer Registration: Devices needing a static IP must be registered to a faculty/staff member. Computer and Printer Registration Form.
- Device Self Registration is available for devices connected to the wired network. Self Registration Form.
- Internet 2 sponsored education participant. Internet2 Info. University Network FAQs.
- Cisco IP phones offer Faculty and Staff basic business features such as call hold, call transfer, call release, mute, conference, Meet Me conference and call pick-up. Phone FAQs.
- Meet Me conference service provides a conference line for up to eight people. See Meet Me FAQs in Phone FAQs
- Unified Messaging provides integration between voicemail and email. Phone FAQs.
- Voicemail is available for the Cisco phones. Phone FAQs.
- Network printing is supported by ITS; wireless printing is not. Departments are responsible for purchasing printers. See FAQs for instructions on installing printers for Windows and Macs.
- Gartner is an information technology research and advisory company providing technology related insight. Gartner login.
- Citrix provides remote access to specialized software. Citrix FAQs.
- MyFiles is a web-based tool that provides remote access to the University's H Drive. MyFiles FAQ. MyFiles Login.
- The VPN (Virtual Private Network) connects to the UNC Charlotte network from off-campus. VPN FAQs.
- Report Express and Report Central use WebFocus to provide preconfigured reports. Reporting FAQs. Report Express Login. Report Central Login.
- WebFocus is the enterprise reporting solution supported by the University.
- Duo Two Factor Authentication is available and provides an enhanced level of security. Duo FAQs.
- SPAM and Phishing Email Filtering - if you receive an email that is suspicious, forward the email to: ReportSpamfirstname.lastname@example.org and include the full header.
- Security Incidents: If you suspect a security incident (lost laptop, lost flash drive, account compromise), send an email to: SecurityIncidentemail@example.com. Members of the ITS Security Team will work with you to identify risk and provide options.
- Adobe Creative Cloud Software is available for university and personal computers. Adobe Creative Cloud FAQs.
- Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus (HomeUse) offers free MS Office software for faculty. Office 365 FAQs.
- Software is available for faculty use. Trend Anti-Virus, SAS, Adobe CC and more. Software FAQs. Software Downloads
- Software applications are distributed using Microsoft Software Center (Windows) and Casper (Macs).
- Trend Anti-Virus is on all university computers and available for home use. Trend FAQs.
- System for Administrative Management (SAM) is used for tracking grant funding.
- Security Awareness Training is available and designed to raise awareness about information security, good information security practices, and related university IT policies. Security Training FAQs.
- Skillport offers online training for more than 2,600 web-based courses on a variety of topics including software, management and leadership. skillport.uncc.edu
- Software Training is offered by ITS. Workshop examples: "Dropbox Sharing & Organization," "Google Sheets vs. Excel" and "Intro to WebEx." ITS Training Calendar.
- ITS provides personal web space; however, some colleges, including the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Belk College of Business and the College of Engineering provide personal web publishing services for their faculty and staff. Personal Web page FAQs.
- For Campus Wi-Fi select "eduroam" on your laptop or mobile device. Wi-Fi FAQs.