University email is delivered via Microsoft Exchange and Outlook. It is an official means of communication at UNC Charlotte. Outlook provides a centralized location for accessing your email, calendars, contacts, meetings schedules and other resources.
University email can be viewed on campus directly through Outlook once your profile is setup on your campus computer using the instructions below. You can also view your University email through 49er Express, Citrix and Outlook Web App both on and off campus.
- Maximum message size: 30MB.
- Maximum single attachment: ~24MB.
- Maximum expanded file in a single compressed attachment: ~24MB
Outlook Setup for Exchange 2010
Note: In order to use the Exchange server settings at home you will need to have the Cisco VPN client installed on your home computer.
- In the Control Panel double-click the Mail icon.
- Click Show Profiles. Click Add.
- Type a profile name (friendly name). Click OK.
- Check the box for “Manually Configure” at the bottom of the screen and click Next.
- Select Microsoft Exchange and click Next.
- Microsoft Exchange Server: outlook.uncc.edu.
Uncheck “Use Cached Exchange Mode".
User Name: your NinerNET login name. Click Next.
- Enter the required login information:
Username: unccharlotte-nt\account name.
Password = your NinerNET password
- Click OK. Click Finish. Exit the Control Panel and log into Outlook.
- Launch Outlook 2011 and go to to the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- Click Exchange Account.
- Enter your email address. Enter your user name as unccharlotte-nt\username and your NinerNET password. Check the "Configure automatically" checkbox, and click"Add Account".