This service will be replaced by the new VPN service, VPN.uncc.edu.
The Cisco Systems VPN Client is used to create a secure connection to the campus network. This service is only available to Faculty/Staff.
- Download Cisco VPN Client then run the installation
Connecting to Cisco VPN using a Windows computer
- Click on Start > All Applications > Cisco VPN folder
- Click the Cisco VPN program icon to start the application
- Select the "UNCC" connection entry
- Click the Connect button in the upper left
- Login using NinerNET credentials
- Once connected, the Cisco VPN application window will disappear and an icon that looks like a yellow lock will appear in the system tray by the time and date
Disconnecting from Cisco VPN using a Windows computer
- Find the icon that looks like a yellow lock in the system tray and click on it
- The Cisco VPN application window will open
- Click the Disconnect button