University email is delivered via Microsoft Exchange and Outlook. It is an official means of communication at UNC Charlotte. Outlook provides a centralized location for accessing your email, calendars, contacts, meetings, schedules and other resources.
University email can be viewed using Outlook once your profile is setup on your campus computer (and on your personal computer if you have Microsoft Office installed) using the instructions below. You can also view your University email both on and off campus through 49er Express, Citrix and Outlook Web App (OWA).
- Maximum recipients per email: 100.
- Maximum message size: 20MB.
- Maximum single attachment: ~20MB.
- Maximum expanded file in a single compressed attachment: ~20MB.
Outlook Setup for Exchange 2010
- In the Control Panel double-click the Mail icon.
- Click Show Profiles. Click Add.
- Type a profile name (friendly name). Click OK.
- Type your First Name (space) Last Name.
- Type your NinerNET firstname.lastname@example.org as your email address.
- Type your NinerNET Password.
Type your NinerNET Password again and click Next.
- Outlook begins to configure your account.
- When you see "Congratulations! . . ." put a check mark by Change Account Settings and click Next.
- Remove the check mark by Use Cached Exchange Mode and click Finish.
- Click OK. Exit the Control Panel and start Outlook.
Note: In order to access Outlook Personal Folders stored on your network H: drive space from off campus, you will need to connect to the University's VPN service on your computer.
- Launch Outlook 2011 and go to to the Tools menu, select Accounts.
- Click Exchange Account.
- Enter your email address. Enter your user name as unccharlotte-nt\username and your NinerNET password. Check the "Configure automatically" checkbox, and click"Add Account".